Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Barn Raising, Day 2

I meant to post an update earlier this evening, but the to-do list after work seemed a little longer tonight.

Here is our Day 2 photo. The builder dude crew decreased by about half today. The other half moved onto another location. The remaining builder dudes made a lot of progress, AND got treated to some homemade Amish friendship bread. These guys are fantastic in my opinion.

They finished installing the top-mounted purlins on top of the trusses, and also the purlins between the rafters on the porch so the birds would not have any place to roost. (I have to admit that Mr. W dictated that entire portion about purlins – I didn’t even know ‘those boards’ had a name. And, for the record, I love my birds but I do NOT love bird poop on my rocking chairs). Window and door openings were also roughed in.

Oops, I did mention “picture” about two paragraphs up, didn’t I? Almost forgot… it’s been one of those days. Here ya go…

day 2 - hour 8

Thank you again for going along on this barn-building trip with us. More updates to follow this week. Hope your week is going well!

sig3

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin