Saturday, December 11, 2010

Send Some Love to our Troops

It takes five minutes or less. Head on over, right this moment, to Xerox’s Let's Say Thanks site to choose from several child-designed postcards to send to our troops. You can choose a message to go with, or customize your own message. Xerox will print them out and send them to our troops. I missed the snail mail call this year for sending Christmas cards to our troops, so I was delighted to find this way to send some thank-you sentiments to those who serve our country.

Take a moment to read some of the feedback from the troops as well. They really do appreciate it!

“Thank you so much for the post card. It is so nice to receive things in the mail here. Some would not believe it but the simple good feeling of going to the company mail room and the clerk saying "Yes, you have mail" is an uplifting experience.  Even if it’s just a letter saying "hi" makes our day! Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.”

- An Army Sergeant

image

Thank you, Troops, for serving our country and keeping us free. And thank you Xerox for providing this service. Xerox says it will continue this “Let’s Say Thanks” program as long as there is a need.

sig3

12 comments:

Sally said...

Tammy, your blog is beautiful. I found the link to you from Jenny Matlock's blog. Thanks for the "Sending Some Love to Our Troops" post. I am sending one or two right now. My son is a Marine, I am sure he will appreciate postcards from home.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Thank you for spreading the word about this wonderful Thank You program for our troops!

Kilauea Poetry said...

Greetings..well it was tough to choose!! What a splendid thought to demonstrate a little gratitude - a worth-while post Tammy!
Hope your enjoying your weekend (hugs)and Aloha-stay warm-:))

Anonymous said...

What a great message for you to pass on!

Teresa

Rachel said...

I LOVE the new header! That pic of the girls kissin' is priceless!!! Thanks for this neat way to thank the troops. I will be sending this to my students (I teach a homeschool co-op WWII history class)and to other people I know. I missed out on getting care packages out too.

Karen said...

Thanks for the reminder about this. I'm heading over there right now!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love your header! And thanks for sharing the word of the Thanking Our Troops program. I'll be looking into it. Have a good weekend. ~Cheryl

Missouri Gal said...

That's wonderful! Thank you for the link!

Melinda said...

Very cool--will be checking it out.

Great to see you at Dreaming.

melinda

V.L. Locey said...

Great message for you to pass along!

Anonymous said...

Well done. Thanks for posting this Tammy.

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

We love this and do it every year. Thanks!
xo
Leslie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin