Friday, November 28, 2014

A Wine Barrel Chair

Not just any old chair. This is my favorite chair! And I’ve planned to blog about it since Spring! Where has this year gone?

Fabricated by a good friend of the Blacksmith’s -- from a wine barrel at a local winery. Coopers Oak Winery, to be exact.


You might see our Banjo girl peeking thru.. above.



also notice the cute socks (dressed up for Winter).

Looky, a specially designed wine glass holder built in the chair… very handy ;)

A custom laser personalization with (squee! my favorite!) hummingbirds!


yep, that’s me….

It is a beautiful piece of furniture, AND so comfy! It is also a permanent fixture in the shouse. Great for Chillaxin’ time.

Additionally, to go with the chair, there is a handmade wine glass and wine bottle holder (aka portable wine rack) and two lovely etched Coopers Oak wine glasses. There was a bottle Sawmill Sweet wine from Coopers Oak (who knew our favorite winery had such a wine?!) I did have pics for the portable wine rack also.. but alas, I cannot find them right now.

Indeed, I am one lucky gal.

The backstory: the Blacksmith’s talented woodworker friend makes some gorgeous furniture and other lovelies from wine barrels. If you’re interested, and happen to live in our neck of the woods, shoot us a note and we’ll get back to you. The craftsmanship is remarkable… Something to last for generations!

A big shout-out and THANK YOU to the talented craftsman, Mr. JM.

Cheers!

sig3

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love this! and love the built-in wine glass holder slot! awesome!

Melinda said...

Aren't you the lucky girl!
It is a beautiful chair.

Enjoy!

M : )

Janet @ My Miniature Donkeys said...

Would have liked a photo of you in the chair, relaxing with your wine. And yes, did notice the socks. Only you Tammy...

Anonymous said...

Very very cool! Beautiful!!!

Debbie said...

What a project! The chair I mean. But then y'all are really good at creating and building. I watched your wedding video in increments and was so impressed with the work that goes into that. Looked like a wonderful event and I know you must be over the moon with joy. I think about you everytime I play your sons fiddling CD. What talent! Happy Holiday Season as we approach the blessed celebration of the birth of our Saviour.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin