Friday, March 22, 2013

Gonna have to face it…

I’m addicted to owls. Have you been following Alessondra’s Oklahoma City Great Horned Owl nest cam? There are two owlets.The parents are beautiful, and the owl-kids are adorable. I have to check in a few times a day, and sometimes just leave that window open while I do other things. Be sure to read the story behind the owl cam as well (Alessondra is an 8 year old girl). You can scroll down their page for FAQ’s. Night is a very active time to watch, with lots of “owl-yummies” brought in for the babies to eat.

Click here for the stream>> Alessondra's OKC Great Horned Owl-Cam


Photo from Alessondra’s Live Owl Cam Facebook page – “Like” their page to see more!

We seem to have several Great Horned Owls in our neck of the woods. I hear their calls often, but I haven’t seen one up close and personal yet. So I am enjoying this opportunity to observe these beauties and watch the babies grow. Thank you, Alessondra and family for sharing this with us!

We are in line for a Palm Sunday snowstorm. Wow! More snow to move! What are your weekend plans?

sig3

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh my, they're cute! i don't need any more addictions. spend too much time in front of the laptop as it is!

Anonymous said...

I do wish I knew where the pair that lived in my tree moved to when the tree blew down in a storm. I loved watching the little ones grow up.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Cute little ones- I hear owls but never see them.

Jenny said...

Wasn't that a song in the 70's or 80's?

You're gonna have to face it you're addicted to owls?

ha!

They are pretty sweet!

Sue said...

OH so cute, Tammy, thanks for the link, I too hear the owls here at the farm but like you have not seen them.
It is cold here, might see a few flurries this weekend, and we are hoping this will be the last hard freeze before spring.
Enjoy your weekend.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Those owls look kind of freaked out. LOL. Especially the one on the right.

Melinda said...

Very cute!

Getting ready for The Big Snow!
Oh Golly!

Stay safe.

M :)

charlotte's menagerie said...

I have not seen this. Thanks, I love the cute little fellows.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I didn't know about these little ones! They are adorable. I'll have to peek in on them sometime. I'm like Tex and am afraid to get much more to look at online. :)
Stay warm. Surely this next snow will be the last!!

Anonymous said...

Tammy the owls are darling! I will click over to the stream. I am watching the Cosmo Kittens on live stream in Washington state! Your header is pretty pretty with your texture work and such a great subject. This weekend we will be, are you ready for it??? we will be moving snow!!! Just like you, lots of snow. I want to cry. Off to click your link!

Liz said...

So glad you provided this link! I have ben watching a pair of bald eagles on a web cam for a couple of years. You get so involved, especially when the babies hatch! Love your blog!
Liz

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Sooo cute! I haven't the band width but am enjoying your photos greatly.

Karen said...

I'm going to check out the owl cam. We had a family of owls nesting nearby last spring and they were adorable to watch. Was hoping they'd be back this year, but I guess mom and dad found a new spot.

Unknown said...

Owls are amazing, I just love the looks on their faces! Have you ready Wesley the Owl? It's a great story of a young biology student who raised a barn owl from for his entire life. Incredible, moving story.

McVal said...

Oh my goodness! They're adorable!!! I was really going to say no more pets, but maybe we can squeeze in an owl...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin