Friday, September 17, 2010

A Baby Shower for a Dandy of a Girl

Dawn_Shower
[Join the Party if you’d like!! - click above]

Today is a special day in which we celebrate the upcoming birth of Peanut, the little boy baby of Dandy and B. (Just 41 days to go per her baby countdown!)

Dandy (Dawn), of Spontaneous Clapping fame is a beautiful person, inside and out, a true Survivor, a fan of my Ruby and Gracie (which is a hint as to my shower gift), and someone I consider a dear blogger friend.

True, this is a virtual Shower, so we have no real goodies to eat, or presents to pass around. But we can offer advice, celebrate life, and send our love… which is exactly what we’re doing today.

Dawn has a beautiful blog, and she is a regular blogger (unlike me). She’s just so darned good at it too!! If you visit, you will see one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen, gorgeous New Zealand photos from their honeymoon, the very cool-est engagement photo shoot ever, and highlights from her day-to-day life. Dandy is a breast cancer survivor, and I believe she lives every day to the fullest. Something we could probably all take a lesson from. This girl is Pure Joy.

A Baby Shower includes gifts of course. That being said, I planned to make something to send for little Peanut. I always have such good intentions. But, the next best thing was to send something someone else had made. Sorry, Dawn, I couldn’t resist sending this Wonky Donkey shirt for Peanut. I wanted the next best thing to you and Peanut visiting Ruby and Gracie live and in person, so please think of us when this tee arrives at your doorstep in a few days.

wonkyDonkeyT

My only advice is
love, love, love.
Let love be your guide and that’s really all you need.

So, we here at Flat Creek Farm send love and blessings your way.
Here’s to Dawn and B and Peanut in beautiful, sunny CA!

sig3

14 comments:

McVal said...

What a sweet idea for a baby shower! I gotta go check her out.

Diana Ferguson said...

Fun!!! Hope you have a great Friday.....

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, congrats....new life...is precious!!! I'll make sure and check out Dawn's blog. Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

LeAnna said...

Absolutely adorable t-shirt! Blog hopped here from the shower (this has been a blast!).

Dandy said...

OMG the wonky donkey t-shirt is hilarious! I just burst out laughing... but I'm determined to come visit the real ladies someday.. oh and you of course!

You are a great friend and I am so thrown by this whole shower! Thank you sooooooo very much, you are amazing! I just can't get over all of this.

Alice said...

Oh now that is sweeeeeet! Xxxx

Debbie said...

Wasn't this just the most fun thing to do. I could hardly wait for the day to arrive. And that tee-shirt. It almost made me want to have more progeny......almost. I will settle for a grand progeny though.

golonghorns said...

Love it! Thanks for popping over to say Hello! Here is a link if you decide to make a tie onesie with tutorial and pattern
http://www.crapivemade.com/2009/03/appliqued-tie-onesie.html

Buckeroomama said...

What an adorable shirt --I love the donkey and the perfectly cool 'boy' color, too!

Yes, this shower thingy is so much fun, isn't it? =)

Elle Bee said...

I LOVE the wonkey donkey!! Sooo cute!! Your advice was perfect.

Unknown said...

I love it too!! Peanut's gonna be one cool kid!

This IS fun, I agree!! : )

Relyn Lawson said...

I love your advice. It's absolutely fantastic. And spot on, too.

curegirl0421 said...

What a cute tshirt!!! And you are totally right... let love be your guide. :)

Jenny said...

What an adorable t-shirt and perfect advice. Such a clever idea...the virtual shower. You are all so creative.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin