Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Roxy Girl ~ Update post-surgery

Roxy, our Fox Terrier (11 years old), came through surgery for her mammary tumor with flying colors. Mr. W picked her up from the Vet’s today, complete with an Elizabethan (E) collar. This will prevent her from chewing and licking her incision on her lower belly. After I returned home from work, she didn’t get two inches away from me all evening. In fact, it was really hard to take a picture. Here she is in her E-collar, which she hates, but it’s a necessary evil for a few days.

roxy_ecollar

The cat is afraid of her in this contraption, wondering what this strange alien-looking creature is! Hopefully Roxy will have a full, easy recovery. She is such a little trooper, and the best patient ever!

sig3

6 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

How adorable and sad at the same time. I love how she wouldn't leave your side!! Enjoy your day!

Farming On Faith said...

I think she looks cute!
I am glad all went well!
You have a wonderful day~
Blessings~
Carrie

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I thought about Roxie last night. Glad she and you came through this well! Have a great rainy day. It's good for the flowers and your garden!
Patti

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Many prayers for Roxy! Now on to recovery and a full life of snuggles and treats!

Misha

Jackie said...

I'm glad she's doing okay. She looks pretty cute with that collar on I must say.

Have a great day!
Jackie

Cheryl said...

Best wishes for Roxy's speedy recovery!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin