Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Daily Bovine and Equine Kaffeeklatsch

This is what I see every morning when I turn the donkeys out from their stall, and into their grazing pen.

Ruby & Gracie’s bovine friends come up for a chat…cows&donks1

Awwww…. sweet baby.

baby

A meeting of the minds…

MeetingOfMinds

I always enjoy this part of the day. I also have a little preview of some progress made in the Barn/Cottage. In spite of many interruptions the past few weeks, there has been a fair amount of progress. We’ve had a lot of other things going on, including many visitors, a few road trips, fence-fixing, readying equipment for hay season, attempts at catching a wayward cat, and numerous projects.

The electrical wiring is complete, except for miscellaneous switches/outlets that will be installed later. This is what we have so far in the bathroom area… walls framed in, wiring, tub/shower shimmed and set, and a few other miscellaneous preps. Hopefully, there will be a toilet by the weekend. That would be nice, huh? And also it would be nice if the walls were covered before then :)

bathroom_walls

tubshower

Off to search for boxes of nails for the nail gun. Where oh where can they be?

sig3

5 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

"Attempts" I am guessing the cat is still on the run?
Joe at lunch Saturday was talking about how much fun nail guns are. So much fun, that he bought two at one time!
Patti

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

I love the pics of Ruby and Gracie with their bovine friends! How sweet they all look together. Makes me wonder what they chat about? :)
Well I'm off to muck stalls, Yea!
Misha

Lois Christensen said...

The animals look very nice! The project is coming along nicely. How much longer?? Enjoy your day!

Down On The Farm said...

Remind me again what you are making out of the barn/cottage? It looks like it is going to be beautiful. If we can just get the rain to stop here in Mid-MO, but I think its rain thru Tuesday :)!!! Robbin

Down On The Farm said...

Remind me again what you are making out of your barn/cottage. It is going to be LOVELY!!! If we could just get the rain to stop here in Mid-MO . . . but it looks like rain thru Tuesday!!! Have a great weekend! Robbin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin