Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Golden Anniversary & Fathers’ Day

I hope everyone, especially all the Dads, had a wonderful Fathers’ Day! We had a double celebration here at the farm. Today is also my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.  What a milestone! They made my sister and I promise not to have a big ‘to-do’, so we had a small family celebration here.  An interesting fact is that their wedding day was also on Father’s Day back in 1959.

Here are my parents ~ 50 years ago on this day, a very very hot day in Perry, Missouri in 1959. And the guys in the wedding party all wore wool suits. Wow!

b&c_anniv

Today, we had some simple floral decorations (compliments of the perennial garden), ice cream and a wonderful cake, lots and lots of family and ‘couple’ photos, some gifts, and much fun reminiscing and viewing old family pictures. We also celebrated the Dads, of course!

vases1

anniv_cake

Happy Father’s Day, Dads!

Happy 50th Anniversary, Mom & Dad!

We love you!

sig3

6 comments:

Jackie said...

50 years....awesome!! Congrats to your parents!

Down On The Farm said...

Oh my goodness. 50 years. You are very blessed to have parents who are still together. My parents have been married 46 years and I am SO THANKFUL!!! My prayer is for many more years of health and happiness for them. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

How wonderful! That cakes looks so very delectable. Yum-O! I love the wedding pic, too. Your father looks so handsome in that tux and your mother's dress is beautiful. What a treasure to have!
Blessings, Misha

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful Wedding photo of your Mom and Dad! Mine will have their 46 this summer. Your flowers are lovely as well!

Lois Christensen said...

How beautiful to do a nice simple celebration. Just what I want! Love the flower arrangements! Thanks for your kind words on my blog regarding my husband. I hope today for him to be discharged so we all can go home. LIving in a hotel is not fun!

Keeper of the Home said...

What a double blessing! The cake is gorgeous and I love the flowers.

Thanks for visiting with me today!

~Mrs. M

Blog Widget by LinkWithin