Saturday, May 2, 2009

Lord, Have Mercy ~ Would ya look at THIS?!

Mr. W left for BAM Conference (Blacksmith’s Association of Missouri) yesterday morning. I sent a couple little gifties for my new blogger friend Patti of Osage Bluff Quilter. They weren’t anything really special, but I wanted to send a couple of things just to let her know she’s a fantastic person (I’ve been told we’re a lot alike.. hehe). Sooo, I sent Mr. W a batch of my homemade rings and said to tell Patti that she should please take her pick of any of them. We also sent some lilac starts. Since yesterday sometime I’ve been kept in total suspense because Mr. W told me on the phone that Patti had sent something homemade for me and that I would love it. Boy, was he right! You just won’t believe it….. this lovely, talented and sweet girl sent me something homemade…. something that captures the essence of two girls who are very very close to my heart.

The wait is over. Here it is. How in the world could I ever top this???

ruby_gracie_quilt1

ruby_gracie_quilt2

Isn’t this the most darling wall quilt ever? I was literally in tears when I saw it! How very sweet! Ms. “Photographer” here was having trouble with the camera tonight, so I don’t think I captured all the detail too well. But trust me, it’s perfect in every way. There is a blue sky with swirly cloud details, and green “grass” detail at the bottom. And even my girls’ names stitched! The eyes, the manes, the tails… everything! Such detail! I could go on and on and on, but I will close now and say, dear Patti…. thank you from the bottom of my heart. You rock!

p.s. when can I come over for quilting lessons?

sig3

2 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

You are so welcomed. We have to meet in person ASAP. Gotta go wipe my tears now. Thanks again.
Patti
PS Come anytime for quilting lessons

Gwenieann said...

Oh my goodness that quilt is soooooo awsome. What a talented girl OsageBluffquilter is. I am green with envy. I always wanted to know how to quilt but never the patience to do so. Now painting....I could sit and paint for hours. She is truly a special person to make such a fantastic gift. A true keeper. LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin