Friday, March 13, 2015

Old Friends, Reunited

Where does the time go? Do you find yourself asking that question – a lot?! Me too! I had mentioned posting an update on the Shouse (aka Barn-Cottage). Well, that didn’t happen. Yet. But soon. I have company coming over the course of the next couple of weeks, so that will force me into cleaning mode.. and therefore, I can see that would be a great time to take pics :)

Today I want to share a picture of my father-in-law, the Blacksmith’s Pops, our dear “G-pa.” He hasn’t been able to live at his home since last Summer (World War II Vet, in his 90’s). We see him pretty often, but hadn’t gotten around to getting his beloved dog the updated vaccinations so “Shorty” could go to the care facility and visit. Last week, I finally accomplished the vet visit. Over the weekend.. these two were reunited. Needless to say, it was a very happy moment! Had to share. There will be more Shorty visits in the near future.

old friends

Hope everyone has a great weekend! The weather is pure perfection here.. absolutely Spring-like, and the chorus frogs are singing like crazy. Happy happy!!

sig3

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, that's precious. i DO hope they get to see one another often, now!

Melinda said...

Always fun when friends get reunited.

Good for them!

M : )

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

How sweet! After all a man's best friend is his dog! Glad both are doing well.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

He looks so happy to be with his dog! Sweet!

Jenny said...

Oh, that is certainly two happy smiles!

Farming On Faith said...

Oh how sweet!
A man and his best friend.

Farming On Faith said...

Missing you friend. I hope all is well. Life gets busy I know.
Blessings~

Cranberry Morning said...

A person MUST have their best friend with them. I am so glad they were reunited! What a wonderful moment when they laid eyes on each other.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I can only imagine how much GOOD that did both of them; well done!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin