Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Shouse Update–Cabinet Progress

Here is where we are today in our quest for a kitchen in the BarnCottage, aka Shouse. The Blacksmith is working on plumbing and other details today. We’ll measure for countertops within the next couple of days and order. I have cabinet trim pieces and some cabinet hardware to paint. Plus, a large pantry cabinet needs painting to match the Valspar Woodlawn Colonial Gray (the color choice for the cabinets). The additional boards you see will be concealed by barn wood at some point (soon, I hope). They were necessary to support the cabinets really well in this pole barn.

IMG_8623

I’m a-lovin’ the colander light fixture over the sink.
IMG_8619

Guess who I see now when I look out my new kitchen window? My girls! (This is Gracie.. Ruby was around the corner).
IMG_8624

Hope you’re having a fabulous Hump Day! I’ll post more shouse updates and wedding pics as they become available ;)

sig3

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

cute little peeping tom! :) glad you're making progress!

Down On The Farm said...

It is SO GOOD to be reading posts from you :) Now refresh my memory, you are going to fix up the shouse so you can live in that while you are building a house?? Sorry, I've slept since I read about that the first time hahaha! Looking forward to more wedding pics, but I'm sure you're exhausted and just need to rest up!! Blessings from me to you my friend!

Melinda said...

Progress is always good!

M : )

Janet @ My Miniature Donkeys said...

Yes, same question as above -- shouse is being used for --- ?

Donkey peeks are always welcome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin