In my true procrastinating nature, I have been remiss in officially and publicly thanking so many for some giveaways won the past few months. My blogging journey really began back on January 1st, 2009. It took me a few months to really get going. And boy, I’m so glad I did. I’ve made so many wonderful friends along the way, near and far.
One thing I learned about blogging is someone is always hosting a giveaway. Here are some fabulous giveaways that I’ve been so blessed to win over the past few months, along with the all-important linkages to the Givers. Please be sure to visit these blogs ~ some of my very favorites.
Mary at Neat and Tidy ~
I already posted about this one, but I must mention it again. What wonderful handmade items! You can check the picture out HERE. On that post, you’ll also see a very cool wind chime I won last year from another blog (when I barely knew what a blog was).
Walking on Sunshine ~
Looky at these cute items! Lois, I borrowed your photo here. Please visit Walking On Sunshine ASAP if you haven’t already. They are a military family, and I know that a show of support at this particular time (and the course of the next several months) would really be appreciated.
Country Pleasures ~
Kicking myself because I haven’t taken a picture of the wonderful items she sent. Sue sent some wonderful scrapbook and other darling items, including a cute gardening hanging pillow. I’ve already used the little scrapbooks! Visit Sue for wonderful recipes and inspiration (a Sister Missourian too).
Prim Rose Hill ~
A beautiful magazine called “Somerset Life”, which I had never heard of, but quickly fell in love with. I pore over it again and again! Visit Sheri for a wealth of inspiration, patterns and fabulous recipes.
Linda at Prairie Flower Farm ~
An adorable chicken curtain! I have Linda’s permission to use it to decorate my future (Spring 2010) chicken coop! In fact, this was her inspiration for the chicken curtain giveaway.. redecorating her hen house. If you haven’t visited Linda, you’re missing out. In fact, as I post this, it looks like she’s having another giveaway. Linda, I hope you don’t mind I’m posting your picture of the curtain here – my chicken coop isn’t ready yet ;-) Also note that Linda has her own line of fabric, among many other things. In fact, this chicken (Farmer’s Market) fabric is part of her very own line. A true Lady Farmer Kansan Entrepreneur.
Handmade by Mary Ann Miller ~
Her special Sugar Pie Pumpkin Seeds in the most adorable packaging! I can’t wait to plant these next year. Please visit Mary Ann for loads of handmade inspiration and a look at her adorable new grandbaby :)
My most recent win was a wonderful “SOLO” devotional from Jackie at Embracing My Blessings. She also tucked in some other special gifties. I’m always inspired by Jackie’s blog, and she happens to “almost” be a neighbor. We plan to meet for lunch someday. I hope we can do that in 2010. If you haven’t visited Jackie yet, check out her wonderful inspirational blog.
That’s it for GIVEAWAYS. But you can bet I’ll keep entering a few here and there. Too much fun!
Oh, and when I’m “showing off’ my goodies I always have to include this special gift from Patti. Will I ever get this talented girl paid back? I tell ya, this little quilt always makes me smile. Isn’t it the cutest? Now I see Patti has her latest “Sisterhood” post up. I think we all need to go check this out.
Along my blogging journey, I’ve also been the recipient of a couple of fun awards, through the kindness of my blogging buddies. Today, I’ll mention this one…
A long time ago I was awarded the Honest Scrap Award from Misha at From My Front Porch in the Mountains. Thank you dear Misha! I’m SO sorry it took me so long. Believe me when I say I’m a hopeless procrastinator :) If you haven’t checked out her beautiful blog from the mountains of Tennessee, zip on over there now! You’re missing out! Be sure to check out the most adorable foal in the world. Definitely a “feel good” blog ~ who wouldn’t feel much better after seeing the beautiful Tennessee countryside she lives in, and her beautiful assortment of horses and other wonderful critters?
As the recipient of an Honest Scrap award, I was supposed to list TEN HONEST THINGS about me (I think? but it’s been so long ago…)--
1. Our current profile picture is from a cruise 10, almost 11 years ago. Eek! Really need to update that.
Haven’t changed a bit. Sorry, I was tempted to not be honest there for just a second!
2. I have a very soft spot in my heart for animals. Wow, how did you figure that one out??
3. The late great, super-cool actor Steve McQueen is/was a 4th or 5th cousin on my dad’s side. Just so ya know, I did not inherit the McQueen daredevil gene.
4. I love to make almost anything. Jewelry and basket weaving are two of my favorites.
5. I’d rather do anything but clean house. Every once in awhile I try to trick myself into enjoying it, but it never lasts for long.
6. One of my favorite movies is “Fly Away Home.” I love geese! And all animals, really, but.. oh I guess that was #2, huh?
7. I play these musical instruments: piano, guitar, mountain dulcimer, cello (most of them not well!).
8. All the way through school I was known as “that quiet girl.” Being around Mr. W for 30-some years has helped me a lot in that department. He owns the gift of gab, and doesn’t know a stranger.
9. We have some interesting pets, but perhaps the two most interesting house pets are hedgehogs “Moxy” and “Templeton”. They’re really our “grand-hogs” and officially belong to the Fiddler.
10. I had a near-death experience at about age 4 or 5, where I was in a parked car that started rolling down a hill toward a river. The Good Lord, and my Dad were watching over me and made sure I lived to see another day.
Also, I am supposed to award this to other bloggers. Trouble is, I can’t pick just a few so I’m taking the easy way out and awarding it to each of you. Take it, pass it on if you like. Thank you again, Misha!
Now, please don’t forget to enter our first GIVEAWAY! Post your comment for entry under the giveaway link if you haven’t already. All the details are there. You have until 8 a.m. CST Wednesday 12-16 (yikes, that’s tomorrow).