Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fiddle Dee Dee–it’s been too long!

Why oh why do I wait so long between posts?!

Let’s get right to it then….
Back before Christmas, a sweet Blogger friend sent the best gift! An awesome sign!

A long overdue shout-out (and thanks again) to dear Jenny Matlock – methinks she knows us purty well!! We love it!
{Psssst… I happen to know that Jenny has a fabulous Etsy shop as well!}

From there, where do I begin? Oh yes.. the weather, always the weather. Like much of the U.S., here in Missouri we’ve had a dreadfully cold winter. In this old farmhouse, it’s kinda been a matter of survival. And, of course, keeping the critters in good shape. It has at times seemed like Winter would go on forever. So bleak, so miserable. Has anyone else had the winter blahs and blues?

We’ve had a fair amount of the white stuff. It was pretty. At first.


Full golden moon from earlier this week.

On the brighter side, we’re enjoying a nice little break from the cold. 50’s! Today the Mr. and I enjoyed a trip to the woods with Goldie. We left our other two chubby and senior sweet pups behind so they didn’t have to struggle through the remnants of snow and ice (not to worry – the old girls took short walks later).

Today we enjoyed some nice previews to Spring. A bit of thawing at the creek…

pre-Spring thaw at Flat Creek

Goldie enjoyed herself immensely.

Every one needs a break now and then though.

Lo and behold, several Robins were hanging out in the woods.

Know what? I do believe this Spring thang could happen after all. There is hope, always.

Oh – one more thing - I can’t leave without mentioning my favorite evening pastime over the past few weeks. No t.v. for me – just owl watching! There are now three beautiful and adorable little owlets on Alessondra’s OKC Owl Cam. Check them out here!

Have a great remainder of the week, Friends!

sig3

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Tammy! 'Bout time we got a Flat Creek Farm update.. :) You got lots more snow than we did, whoa!!!! Course we were in Florida when it flurried down.. ;) Missouri weather has been behaving very well last few days but we have thunderbumpers right now! Take care Tammy and nice to see you!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I saw two robins yesterday and that was my first thought- BRING IT ON SPRING!

McVal said...

owlettes?? awesome! I can't wait for spring!!!!

Staci@LifeAtCobbleHillFarm said...

So happy you thawed out in time to give us a Flat Creek farm update! :-) I had a pair of red cardinals in the outdoor chicken coop the other morning but, so far, no robins. We did have beautiful sunshine today - I'll try to remember that as we will be in the middle of rain and freezing rain tomorrow. Happy {almost} Friday!!

Catherine said...

Hope spring will soon come for you. I saw all the snow and cold that you had on tv. Here we are having a warm winter , but lot of flooding.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

It looks like Goldie had a good run, and her Mommy and Daddy had a good ride!

Janet @ My Miniature Donkeys said...

I'm comin' to visit -- would kill for the 50's right now!

Unknown said...

"Flat Creek Farm" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this help to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-sunday-drive_23.html

Down On The Farm said...

I keep thinking spring is right around the corner . . . but that corner just keeps moving farther away. We sure do need some RAIN! Have a great day my Missouri friend!

Melanie said...

Spring has sprung and I love that sign...I will check out the Etsy shop and try to make my own which is my new favorite saying..."I could make that..." :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin